View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 11:07 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Of course the creators are going to claim that the original timeline still exists. And technically it does, through quantum theory. But when the movies ain't going back, and it seems like any new television show won't be going back, I still say that the creators deemed it irrelevant.

And for the umpteenth time, in "Parallels" and all other cases of timeline manipulation, the crew eventually get back to their own reality, or a reasonable facsimile thereof. There's a big difference between "we're only here to tell a story that would be impossible in our original timeline, but we're going back" and "our story would be impossible to tell in the original timeline, so we're going to rewrite history to make a universe where you can't complain at us for violating continuity because we can rebut 'it's magic, we don't have to explain it.'"

Seriously, this is One More Day all over again.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.