View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 09:27 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger
I'll put $4.70 U.S. down for "Vanishing Point." Somehow, I loved that one best of all.
You're outta luck there. The writing process for VP was one of my oddest -- I wrote the thing on a cheap PDA I got at Business Depot. It proved so inconvenient I never used it for any others.

Alexia: I guess you have a point there... I can hardly try to auction off a fiver without saying exactly which one it is. The new one from VOY S4 is "Mortal Coil."

I've begun the process of looking through my papers for past fivers. So far I've found the following:
  • The unpublished ANDR fiver "Immaculate Perception"
  • About 1/3 of ENT's "Sleeping Dogs"
  • A sheet with about half of ENT's "Fusion" and two partial Top 10 lists on the front, and the first few scenes of ANDR's "Be All My Sins Remembered" on the back
  • The middle third (go figure) of ANDR's "The Knight, Death, and the Devil"
  • The first few scenes of Buffy's "Amends," which I'd forgotten I started and will finish when I have time
Obviously only the first three items are even remotely saleable, so I'll keep looking. In addition to these, I have the following recent fivers, all complete:
  • ENT's "Azati Prime," "Damage," and "The Forgotten"
  • Two OC fivers being saved for the June event
  • "Mortal Coil"
Now here's the other problem. You'll notice I don't have very many of these, and people want older ones (which I have even fewer of) more than ones I do now. $5 Canadian for each is, don't get me wrong, very flattering -- but it would take a lot of them to be much help to my finances. How would you guys feel about starting a little higher, like $10 Canadian (= 7.94 US)? I mean, this is theoretically going to be done by auction threads, but I'm not expecting them to be very active. Even as I say this stuff I feel like punching myself for it, because while this isn't some kind of ego trip, it's sure doing a good imitation. But I'm really broke right now and I don't want to just put up a donation box.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction