View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

X-Box 360 and PlayStation 3 are, in Japan, called "X-Box 360" and "PlayStation 3" respectively.

Obviously, whether a name is retarded or not is a subjective opinion. Do I believe the name is silly? Yes. Is it the silliest name out there? Definitely not. I really do think "Game Boy" takes the cake on that one. And it's about as bad as "X-Box" (LOLZ SEXXBOXX LOLZ). But -- again, obviously -- milliage will vary.

But forget that argument for a second, if you are indeed capable of doing so. How does the name have any bearing whatsoever on the quality of the system itself? Sure, if there was some vast upset over the ridiculous name, profits would be down, budgets would be cut, and sure -- quality would suffer. But that's not at all the case. I sincerely doubt most Wii owners even know what "Nintendo Revolution" refers to. And those who do have long since moved on to other, more important issues like "Is the system fun to play?" and "How is the quality of the game library?". You can debate the answers to these questions, and many have. But really, the only discussion I see anymore about "Wii" vs "Revolution" is right here in this forum. Everyone else has moved on. And a vast majority of Nintendo Zealots along with a good proportion of the rest of the gaming community is really excited about Nintendo's new direction.

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!