View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 12:07 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][quoteost_uid0]How is the Scimitar designed to get around normally? It surely wasn't pushing against a handy ship for the whole trip to the nebula? [/quoteost_uid0]

That wasn't what I was getting at. Â If you try to pull two things apart by holding them in midair and only pulling on one of them, you won't have much success. Â Unless Picard ordered full reverse, this above scenario is akin to what Shinzon tried. Â An impact like what we witnessed should have left the ships firmly wedged together.

All this physics is making my head hurt. Â *goes back to his chemistry*[/quoteost_uid0]
All right, I think I see what you mean. It's a fair observation. Maybe Shinzon ordered some of his henchmen to "get out and push". Which raises another question: Does the Romulan version of Starfleet have its own version of "redshirts"? :smile:[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs