Thread: Warp Question
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Stellar

Send a message via AIM to mark726 Send a message via MSN to mark726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability
No one's said whether they hate or love McKay. He'd have a field day with this discussion, wouldn't he?

By the way, the mass of the warp coils really wouldn't matter, would it? There's no up or down, weight or scales in space, are there? Of course, if that sort of calculation was accurate, Voyager would either point up when it lands, has a really kickbutt intertial dampening system, or there are really powerful thrusters at work to keep it level. Then again, a rearheavy Voyager would make it easier to land and balance on those toothpick legs.

Why would you have to be outside the time and space that's being folded? I suppose you think that jumpgates are a more consistent idea than warp engines. Then again, maybe we should just have the Enterprise go to Ludicrous Speed to avoid the whole problem, huh?
The mass still matters, it's a unit of how much 'stuff' there is, even if there's no outside gravitational field to interact with it (yeah, I used to be an engineering major ), so the mass of the warp coils has to be taken into account when figuring out thrust and what not.