Thread: BAW meets SSB!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 03:39 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Uh, yeah, sorry it took so long for me to notice this. I guess I took one look at the thread title and thought it had to be about one of those shows I don't watch, one of those virtual season projects I don't read, or so on. Anyway, thanks for including me! Does this mean I've been promoted to The Old Guard now?

Zeke: Dammit, I can't believe it's come to this.
Nate: Yeah yeah, just gimme the pips.
Zeke: I mean, I really can't believe it's come to this. *Sigh* Crewman Nate, I hereby promote you to Junior Apprentice Helmsperson, Third Grade.
Nate: Woo hoo! I get to steer the ship!

Happy dance! My first step to ruling the universe!

Zeke: I'm still going to punish you by turning down the heating anyway.
IJD: Again? But it's practically an icecube in here already!
Nate: Don't be daft. Back home in Minnesota we'd call this sunbathing weather.
IJD: Eskimos. I'm surrounded by flaming Eskimos. Hrmph.

Brr. I'm not that coldblooded. I still prefer goose down coats. In any event, I may've actually used the word "daft" in my life. It certainly sounds like me.

*There is silence, and crickets can be heard (which is pretty strange when you think about it. I mean, how on earth would crickets get onto the bridge of a Federation starship ? The only logical conclusion is that someone released them on purpose just in case there was such a silence, and who'd do a wacky thing like that? Except, of course, Nate is now on the bridge, so... Uh, yeah. Back to the story)*

I can totally see myself raising crickets for the express purpose of beaming them onto the bridge for moments like this. It'd be a riot!

Nate: Nice use of 'arse' there, sir.
Zeke: Your toadying is noted.

Thank you, sir.

Nate: Strange, it's not on any of the charts. I know! They must have blown up Alderaan! Also, that's no moon, it's a--
Zeke: Very amusing, I'm sure, but let's stick to the facts. And if it turns out to be an ambush, then I'm calling that line right now.
Nate: Aw.
Zeke: Rank hath its privileges, and so on.

Hehe. I'm sure if we ever speak in real life you'll be cutting me off with "Very amusing, I'm sure" within minutes. "Aw," indeed.

Zeke: Next time, when I tell you to avoid incoming fire, you think you might actually try and avoid it?
Nate: I missed most of it! Sheesh, you are so picky!

Now I DO use sheesh. As I'd have said in this instance, "close enough for government work."

*KA-BOOM!*
Nate: I think we just got hit again.
Zeke: Give that man a promotion.
Nate: Really?
Zeke: No.

Oh sure, dangle that carrot, Z, dangle that carrot.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.