View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 10:05 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]No offense taken, Sa'ar. I'm puzzled by your logic, though. How is the Scimitar designed to get around normally? It surely wasn't pushing against a handy ship for the whole trip to the nebula? I think it would be using thrusters or an impulse engine for sublight travel as circumstances dictate, neither of which require a nearby ship to push against. And I really don't recall the intricacies of the scene that well, but I don't think that anything was shown that implied that the Scimitar had snagged anything major on the Enterprise (or vice versa). Maybe static cling would hold them together ([bost_uid0]Panicked Helmsman:[/bost_uid0] Aaah! Shinzon, I can't shake 'em! [bost_uid0]Shinzon:[/bost_uid0] [insert endorsement for an anti-cling fabric softener here] :smile, but I don't know what else would. Other than the Enterprise continuing to push forward, but there are several ways to get around that. Suddenly changing direction or converting one's tractor beams into repulsors, for example.

Those space anchors are nice, but they can cause trouble. Archer keeps having nightmares in which the Enterprise's anchor doesn't catch firmly and the ship keeps going, with the anchor ripping out a strip of space atmosphere from Pluto clear to Mars.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs