View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi View Post

Also, I don't think mudshark was refering to you in his post, but rather making generalities.
Quite right. Even at his most dizzyingly, blindingly, stupendously whatever-it-is, Nate has never (all by himself) constituted a community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi View Post
People do pick up on this kind of stuff - there are pages and pages on the web devoted to variants of Trek ships alone, trying to make them fit into continuity in what I can only describe as the sheerest, obscurist kind of conjecture. I love Trek, but even so I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist over some scaling problems of Oberth class which then must be hammered into a theory about there being two different sized versions of it, and then speculate on the differing capabilities and mission profiles of each. That's... pretty anal. And so, knowing all that, I don't doubt that there would be some pretty good hissy fits if the B5 models were to be recreated with the differences that would entail. At the very least, it would spawn websites full of detailed comparisons, enough to make your eyes bleed.
Nate, all of the above is exactly what I meant. Check out the TrekBBS "Future of Trek" and "Trek Technology" forums (or just about anything written by Dixon or Whettestone) for enough examples to put you off your lunch for the rest of your life, if not longer.

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)