View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 01:26 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

I was going to pass up commenting on this, because it's not like I actually watch the show, but then I remembered, hey, when has that ever stopped me before??

So yeah, I'm losing my grip. Anyway:
Quote:
Starbuck: *points gun* Why won't you let me lead the fleet on a wild goose chase? Why? TELL ME!
Roslin: I've been trying to tell you, but you keep inter--
Starbuck: SHUT UP! God, I'm so mad I could just... here, take this gun and shoot me!
(BLAM)
Starbuck: Ah, you shot that photo. So it sounded like someone got shot, but in fact no one did.
Roslin: I decided to make things dramatic for anyone who might have been watching us before and after that moment, but not during.
I've been in that situation before. Some attention-catching noise occurs, and suddenly I'm looking at the TV again. "What just happened? Did something interesting actually happen just now?" Sometimes the resulting first impression makes the scene more entertaining than it would have been if I'd been paying attention all along, even.

Quote:
Tigh: It's over, Thrace. Will you come quietly?
Starbuck: No, I'll scream incoherently about Earth some more.
Tigh: Fine. *shifts eyepatch to his ear* It's not a perfect solution, but it'll have to do.
I do know enough about the show to find this imagery very amusing indeed.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs