View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 10:28 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default 5MSNW: Five-Minute "Strange New Worlds"

Ready for something that hasn't happened since 2004? I'm finally posting a Trek fiver during the season it's from! (Albeit only just.)

Strange New Worlds is a strange new show. It does the usual prequel thing of making unexpected changes to keep things interesting, which I loved when ENT did it -- but ENT was 100 years before TOS, and its changes were large-scale, with Vulcan and Klingon societies that turned out to have been different back then. SNW is only a decade pre-TOS and makes changes to specific characters, many of which make absolutely no sense. It can be very frustrating to watch. But now and then it strikes gold -- two of this season's ten episodes were instant classics -- and it feels much, much more like Star Trek than any of the other shows currently bearing the name.

But you're not here for a review, you're here for a fiver! (Of course, there's always been some overlap.) And that's what I've got: here's Five-Minute "Strange New Worlds". Which only just misses a franchise namespace collision with that early ENT ep. Hey, you know what would've avoided this problem? Not naming your pilot after the show like a pleb!

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction

Last edited by Zeke; 07-07-2022 at 10:43 PM.