Thread: September 4
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 12:45 AM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Actually, I [iost_uid0]greatly[/iost_uid0] enjoyed "A Night in Sickbay." Â (I said so at the time, but that was at least one forum ago.) Â The concept should never have even been considered, but the execution was great. Â So those of you who've spoken up for the episode, you're not alone.

The concept, however, wasn't just bad, it was mind-crushingly bad. Â So bad that for all the fun I had watching it, I'd much rather it had just never happened. Â The Archer/T'Pol friendship had been carefully, believably built right up to that point, and now it's impossible to look at them in just that way anymore. Â It was a terrible mistake for the series to trade a realistic relationship for one with a trashy T&A side.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]At the time the ep initially aired, I recall commenting here on a pervasive surreal quality I thought it had. I find that if I consider [iost_uid0]ANiS[/iost_uid0] to be some sort of brilliantly absurdist bad dream with no connection to any other ENT reality, no problems exist.

Of course, the hardcore Continuity Weasels might have a problem with [iost_uid0]that[/iost_uid0], but I'll manage. [/colorost_uid0]