Thread: Babylon 5
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

I have to say series 4 was my fav. The final stuff of the Shadow War and then, (In my opinion) the best bit; The fight against Earth. No evil alien races, or beings from another time. This time the baddies are us. I know that kinda of thing has been done before (Blake's 7, and the computer game 'Colony Wars') But I really liked this one. How Earth started off, kinda good, but slowly turned bad. By far though my fav moment though, was Londo confronting Mr Morden about the Shadow ships based on an Island on Centari Prime. The whole scene just crackleed with energy and was fantastic from start to finish! I wasn't a fan of the effects though. Much too computer looking. Some Star Trek ship look so real, you feel you can reach out and touch them. And Battlestar as I said before, looks like real space fighting should. B5...not so much. But some great ship designs none the less.
However, I'm not really sure the show can go now...It had a 5 year arc, anything now feels taped on the end to me..
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Burt; 08-24-2006 at 02:30 PM.