View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 11:50 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Wait a minute. No, you got that wrong. You got 24 points. You should have realised that, because 24 is the inverse of 42, and we all know what that means. Go back and tell them they counted wrong. And after all, who's the math whiz here - you or them?[/quoteost_uid0]
Of course I realized that. Sure, right when I first saw the results. But since [iost_uid0]they[/iost_uid0] are all math profs, who am I to argue with them?

[quoteost_uid0]Seriously, though - they picked the 10 best, and you were only two points away? Meaning the tenth was only 1 point over you?[/quoteost_uid0]
Actually, the 8th, 9th and 10th all got 24 points, which means I would have been at least 10th with the same score, since I got more points in the first round. The other two have exactly the same score, including the first round. (But maybe I'd get to be 8th just because I would have been the only girl in there.)
But that's if I would have had two points more, which I don't.

[quoteost_uid0]If it'd been me, I'd have arranged for those with higher scores to have 'accidents'. Not at all like anything Catbert would do you understand.[/quoteost_uid0]
No of course not. Sadly, some of the winners might not make Greece. They might, say, break an arm, their writing arm of course. But only just a few weeks before they're supposed to leave. There's still plenty of time.

You two have really great ideas... This is not over yet.
:evil grin:[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.