View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 08:45 PM
The moron they built to make you an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
You know, with all the times that ambassadors have hijacked the Enterprise in TOS for this sort of mission, I do wonder why Picard was needed for this mission. I get that the captain of the flagship has to be able to serve as an ambassador in a pinch, but this doesn't seem like "a pinch", this seems more like Riva or Sarek territory. Furthermore, even if Picard was needed here, was the Enterprise? Surely they could go charting a nearby sector and leave Picard with a security detachment and a shuttle (or even that mythical Captain's Yacht, the Calypso).
Considering how little ambassadors there has been in TNG, this actually doesn't surprise me as much.

Quote:
What? You'll have to do better than that, Jean-Luc.
Flimsy excuses for a captain to not go on vacation is a Starfleet tradition.

Quote:
This selective translation is starting to annoy me. Is the substitution of "Jamaharon" for "sex" supposed to make this more family friendly? Because if so, it's not working.
I always thought that this word was one that didn't have a direct translation. Kind of like how petaQ is never translated, but the translations of "useless" or "garbage" has been used by Klingons multiple times.