View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default Block 28 - My name is Neo

Not noticing the homeless man in the shadows, Neo, Morpheus, and Trinity approach the subway payphone. It rings, and Morpheus goes back. While waiting for the next ring, Trinity starts to tell Neo what the Oracle told her. Her hesitation and the distraction of a passing train give Smith time to transfer himself into the homeless man -- Trinity sees him just barely in time to pick up the ringing phone, and escapes as a bullet from Smith's gun shatters the phone booth. Panicking, she tells Tank he has to send her back, but he can't. All she can do is watch the screen and whisper "Run, Neo. Run." (He should change his name to Lola. And hey, anybody seen Minority Report? Everybody runs? Great movie. Tom Cruise sure beats Keanu Reeves as an action hero. But I digress.)

His exit destroyed, Neo must stand and fight. He and Smith shoot at each other till their bullets are gone, and then go at it hand-to-hand. After several minutes of brutal combat, Smith seems to have the edge -- he's got Neo pinned on the subway tracks, and there's another train coming. (Already?) Naturally it's no loss to Smith if his current body is crushed, but Neo's only got the one. Fortunately, he also is the One. At the last second, he hurls himself upward, smashing Smith into the ceiling. He escapes the train; Smith does not. Unfortunately, in the few moments Neo takes to catch his breath, the Agent takes a host on the train. Neo bolts for the escalator with Smith in hot pursuit.

Two scenes should do for this block, maybe three. Synopsis here.

(I really dig this part of the movie. Does it show?)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction