View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

I can't say I've read the Pathways/Mosaic books, so I can't comment on them, but the Shantner ones are really quite good, and to be honest, could probery fit easy enough in with the real stuff. I mean 'The Return' was set after the Enterprise D's destruction, and, we don't really know what happend to the crew between that and First Contact. One intresting point I noticed is from the book 'Spectre', the fourth Shatner book. (Uumm...Spoilers?)
The book (Which is about the Mirror Universe) has a scene where 'our' Spock and the mirror Spock try to work out why the two universes changed. They find out that it was because of the whole First Contact thing, Borg attacking and all, that made Earth more paranoid. Then along comes 'In the Mirror Darkly'. I wonder why did the humans attack the Vulcans in that bit? Could Picard and co. have been the ones to create the mirror universe? Anyway, I'm guessing that the Reeves-Stevens's had some hand in the idea's of the episode (As they helped write the books).
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------