View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

Wow, this is remarkably apolitical. It's like freeing caged animals. They get scared, and want the cage back :lol:

For me, voting for Kerry was merely a matter of convincing myself that I liked him enough to give the okay. I've spent the last four years or so grumbling about Bush, but when the time came for the Democrats to show an alternative, I wasn't too impressed with Kerry either.

Finally, I decided I'd watch the debates, and if Kerry couldn't convince me that he'd do the job, then I wasn't going to vote.

Now I still don't like Kerry's positions on a few issues (the Iraq War, Gay marriage -- IMO both the candidates suck on these). Kerry's comments on picking supreme court justices during the second debate probably convinced me more than anything.

When one candidate talks about the mark of a good judge being somebody who "by reading their statements, you can't tell whether they're male or female, liberal or conservative, etc.", and the other said more or less that this position didn't make any sense to him, I think the former hits the nail on the head there.

America is way too partisan these days, and it seems to me that Kerry is making the better effort on bringing us back together.

In my opinion of course.

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!