View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 05:42 AM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

Bush alone isn't that dangerous, true, and I can see why some people like him. But this is the man whose faith has apparently overcome the need for checks & balances or critical thinking within the White House. Not good.

Then we have Ashcroft and Cheney in the package, and the ridiculous-if-it-wasn't-so-damn-sad things like the USAPATRIOT act, TIPS or passenger screening for air travel, plus the ominously-named Department of Homeland Security. The only way to protect the freedom is to destroy it? Count me out.

And I repeat on the Saddam front: Unprovoked. Aggression. Sometimes it's necessary, but I've yet to see anyone be so cavalier about it. Used to be that you had to declare war before you could fight it, but I guess the last guy who knew that was shipped off to Vietnam and caught some friendly fire.

I don't advocate Kerry. I'd just as soon see the entire US party system demolished and rebuilt from scratch, seeing how the Democrats have stuck with being second-rate Republicans.

It's not just Bush, it's an entire group of wrong people at the wrong positions. Who will be next? What country will fall before the awesome might of Bush's faith-based presidency next? Where do you want the Marines to go today?

(Also, regarding the "Support the troops" thing: How about not, you know, sending them to die without a real damn good reason?)

I'm sorry if this is getting a bit agitated, I just want to make sure everybody understands *why* I say Bush needs to go.

Gatac
- d02 Quotes