View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 09:47 AM
13th Lord of Kobol

Location: In the hearts and minds of my followers. And maybe Mount Olympus.

Oh, where to begin...

First off, I never said I was for abortion. I said voting for someone based on 1 issue is ignorant. Besides, morality is subjective and telling someone something is amoral like it's a fact is forcing your views on others. The pro-choice people aren't forcing you all to go get abortions, but you're taking away their right to choose. It's not your freaking body, don't worry about it. Hell, that philosophy can be extended to nearly anything, like anti-gay laws. And as far as innocents, is the "accidental" murder of civilians during battle just supposed to be considered casualties? How can you possibly make that distinction? Babies are no more alive than an adult is, and the notion of it's innocence is still subjective. You have no objection to killing animals for your food, or burning up the remains of animals in your car, or seeing them prancing about for your entertainment. How is animal life any different from human life? Because it's sentient? Should that really make any difference as far as it's right to live? I don't think so.

As far as terrorism, let's analyze it a little bit. Terrorism is an idea,not an organization. It can't be "destroyed" or "captured". It's a notion that violence and fear is all someone will understand. The terrorists we're after know this, and they have nothing to lose. By fighting fire with fire, so to speak ,we're just perpetuating more and more violence. It will not stop. Why does no one see this? Violence begets violence. It's very simple. It makes sense.

If you'll recall, any slights against the Roman Catholic Church (Pope included) in the past could be punishable by death. We're just living in a time where someone else is considered sacred enough to kill for. Joan of Arc was convicted of witchcraft for talking to a Christian saint. So then is prayer a metaphor? I don't see a point in praying if you actually aren't supposed to get an answer. If you do, you get barbequed. Wow, that's fair.

EDIT: And before I get the "You do it,too!" response, I'll say that yes. I do eat meat, I do drive a car, and I do, on occasion, watch Animal Planet. All I said was I think they're wrong, but I still do them, because that's the society we live in. It's not easy to not eat meat, or drive a car, or anything like that.
Tarn-Vedra: Yeah.
FiveMinZeke: That does explain why I'm drinking Earl Grey right now....
Tarn-Vedra: Don't forget to tug the front of your shirt, Jean.