View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 05:19 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
I can't believe no one has started or added to this thread yet. Have you people seen the movie or what!!! It was, teh good. Lemme just say, that I got a little teary eyed, with Mister Radcliff's acting job after task number 3. He has turned into a fine actor there. Very well done.

Too bad they had to cut so much of the book. I missed SPEW and Sirius. Ahh well, still excellent. I'll be standing in line to buy the DVD.
I'm seeing it on an IMAX screen tomorow!

EDIT: I saw it yesterday, and it's really good, but it's more "Harry Potter and the Triwizard Tournament"-it misses a lot of side-plots, making some characters non-existent or only two-dimensional. It's still really good, though, especially Ralph Fiennes. Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman are great, even though they don't have a multitude of lines-their acting is so good it they don't need words at all. There is some interesting accents from the other schools-it seems that while they were trying to get some consistency in the Eastern European accents, they sort of end up being non-consistent individually. (Krum and Karkaro ffhad accents that changed to and fro from a Russian, German, and Swedish accents, rather than just settling on, say, Western Russian or something)

I give it an "A" as "Harry Potter and the Triwizard Tournment", and "B-" or "C+' (depending on your purity level) as book-pure "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire".
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003