Thread: April 26
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Outnumbered

Send a message via MSN to e of pi

No, what's scary is that on another forum I frequent, one poster sugested a series of basic plots that could actually make such a movie good! I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Found it.

Quote:
Regarding Armageddon, the screenplay is just the weak point of the movie. Hence my worries.

Anyway, I have pondered a bit more about the premise. There is hardly anything that would open more opportunities and bear more risks.

For instance, I would love to see some decent character development in the movie. Kirk as a cadet who is always bullied by Finnegan and who gains self-confidence through his friendship with Spock. Maybe it could even be mentioned that young Kirk is still traumatized by the events on Tarsus IV (Kodos killing the colonists). But I expect the movie to show us an even more reckless Kirk than in TOS, one who doesn't need and who wouldn't take advice.

A perfect guest role: Leonard Nimoy as Skon. As we know that Sarek was always against Spock's entry into Starfleet, his grandfather may have given him moral support.

The Klingons should be in the movie, and they should be more trigger-happy than ever, and *with flat foreheads*. But not without a symbolic olive branch in the end.

It would be extremely contrived to have all the TOS characters in the movie. But perhaps Bones could be somehow involved.

Other people and things that should appear:
- Garth of Izar, as Kirk's father figure
- The Kobayashi Maru test (I won't watch the movie if it's not incorporated!)
- The ship on which Kirk served at that time (although it is a bit controversial whether it's the Republic or the Farragut, but it has to be one of these two)
- Gary Mitchell (it was mentioned that he and Kirk were friends on the academy)
- Ruth (who may be the "blonde lab technician" that Mitchell mentioned)

Somehow I have the impression that nothing of this will be in the movie, and that the authors pull everything off the hat, screwing Kirk's and Spock's biographies and more.

e of pi: I know you have too much free time.
Ddoof: HEY!
e of pi: Well, so does anyone who posts on 5M.net. It comes from the extra 55 minutes.

We are the BSG. Your resources and injokes wil be added to our own, depleting your fanbase. Resistance is futile. So say we all.
Member of the Persons Who Believe that Ryan Connors Leslie Should Have Lines in Other Series Since He's Hardly In TOS Fivers