View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Metroid Prime Hunters would be a terrible first Metroid game.
I downloaded the demo of it and wasn't really grabbed by it. Visually impressive, yes. But FPS aren't my cup of tea.

Quote:
Mega Man ZX would be a good choice -- you wouldn't get as much out of it as we Mega Man diehards do, but it's first in its own series at least. You should also consider Children of Mana, a highly underrated game.
Heard good things about CoM, but nothing enough to persuade me.

Quote:
Very true -- except the one Derek's considering. Dawn of Sorrow is a direct sequel to Aria of Sorrow for GBA, and if you play it first, you spoil a huge plot twist for yourself. It's a great game, but it shouldn't be played before Aria.
I realized I said Dawn of Sorrow when I meant to say Portrait of Ruin. Not that I really have a favorite of the two, but PoR came out more recently so I figured I might go for that one of the two. The whole non-sequel thing you mention also seems to be a vote for PoR.

Actually, Castlevania: PoR is probably going to be my purchase.

Hejira, Pheonix Wright looks like it could be fun (and comments I've seen seem to agree that it is), but I don't think I'm going to go for that now. It's on my wishlist though.

Burt, Hotel Dusk Rm 215 is also on my wishlist, though I've heard a little ambivalence towards it from others. I downloaded the playable demo, and thought it interesting. I could definitely see that killing a lot of time.