View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 03:02 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I find it freaky that I just saw the rerun of Static for the first time literally two hours ago, then I saw that the fiver was already here!

Rage

Green Arrow: Well, definitely not that, but let's table this discussion for now.
(THROW!)
Table: Crash!

I've always held to the cyclical theory of pun humor. You know, as the pun gets more and more clever it's painful, awesome, painful, awesome, etc. This one...not sure which it is.

Chloe: You think Lex is behind everything. Behind the lab destruction, behind the kryptonite research, behind the bookshelf --
Lex: (from behind bookshelf) I'll be going now.

Snort.

Static

Lex: What? Where am I? Computer, end program! Computer?

I almost wish you'd have tossed in a reference to my Inner Light fiver, because of the parallel situations (or at least parallel enough to be joke fodder, that is), maybe "Hey, shouldn't I be in Castle Anthrax now?" or "Why do I suddenly hear flute music?" or something.

Chloe: Hm. Let me see if I can hack into his computer. E-L-E-M-E-N-T-S. Nope. L-A-N-A. Nope. P-A-S-S-W-O-R-D. Nope.
Lex: No, you fools! Who actually has passwords like that? My password is strong and secure!
142: Ha! Now I have my revenge on you!

I'm reminded of Spaceballs and the 1-2-3-4-5 combination.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.