View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 07:00 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Cypher, who arranged to get separated from the others, calls Tank for an exit. Â Tank directs him to one, then sends the others to the same one when they call. Â He pulls Cypher out, and starts the phone ringing to bring out the others -- but the phone goes silent as soon as Neo picks it up. Â Cypher has blasted Tank and Dozer with an electric rifle, the latter fatally. Â Trinity calls the Operator on her cell phone and gets Cypher, who begins to rant about (1) how he used to love her, (2) what a jerk Morpheus is, and (3) how he believes the Matrix is now a better choice than the real world, and can be just as real. Â With that lead-in, he starts killing the rest of the team: first Apoc, then Switch. Â Contemplating Neo, he asks Trinity if she really believes Morpheus' "bullshit." Â She says yes, he protests, and at that point Tank blasts the crap out of Cypher with his own weapon. Â Back in control, he pulls the two surviving team members out.

I'm really not sure how many scenes we need here. Â It's a critical part of the movie, and one of my favourites (Cypher was a backstabbing bastard, but I think there's some merit in his argument about the Matrix). Â I'll let you guys figure out the right length as you go. Â Synopsis is here and here.

As for time limits and such, that system so far isn't working, so I'm not going to try anything formal this block. Â However, I've noticed you guys seem to post a lot in the first two days and then drop off. Â Here's my suggestion: after the first two days, if you don't have any more ideas of your own, why not comment on others' scenes or suggest tweaks to them? Â That would keep things active longer, I think.[/colorost_uid0]