View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Italy for me, I think. Seems a good combination of places to go, things to see, nice people, and good food (though keeping kosher is of course problematic anywhere beyond Israel and select parts of LA and NYC... But I'm ignoring that aspect for the moment.)

Also, is this an all-expenses-paid type trip? 'cause one of my ideas for a very cool vacation would be going to NYC or London, and just watching lots and lots and lots of shows and plays. All these things I want to catch up on. All these Broadway shows I'd love to see, but seeing one is a stroke of luck, considering how infrequently my family travels and how much show tickets cost.

As an aside, on my trip to the States this past summer I *did* get to see two Shakespeare plays... which are also rather hard to find here in Israel. One was in the Berkshires, at a marvellous theater called "Shakespeare and Company" (got the script to "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare [abridged]" there - 'tis [iost_uid0]hilarious![/iost_uid0]). The other one was King Lear at the Theatricum Botanicum, near LA... and the next day, I turned on Babylon 5 for about the second time in my life (because cable is evil, and we're lucky enough just to get Trek on public TV)... and saw the guy who'd been playing Edmund the day before (the black doctor-guy, for the record...). Kinda of a, "Whoa... I'm in LA" moment. (Turns out Armin Shimmerman is also a consultant or instructer of some kind at this theater... pretty neat.)

I also came back from my vacation with a box full of tapes... I am currently catching up on all of SG-1, and will now be able to watch ENT's second season. I also taped about 6 hours of B5, for those of you who were livid about me not knowing the black-doctor-guy's name (but man, he made a great Edmund...).[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis