View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 09:53 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Oh yeah, certain ideas just supersede others in our minds. For example...

1. Whenever the radio plays "American Pie," my mind has a fifty-fifty chance of singing the lyrics to "The Saga Begins" instead. Okay, maybe it's sixty-forty.
2. The song All Star by Smash Mouth has permeated my mind to such an extent that even though it's not my favorite by any stretch of the imagination, to this day when the radio starts "Somebody once told me..." I start to sing along immediately, sometimes I'm so fast that I can latch in on "body." It's an addiciton, and a terribly insidious one at that. One of these days I'm gonna have to toss it into a fiver, just to make sure that the immortality it's thrust upon me endures, sort of like a chain fiver. There's a new one for the glossary, huh?
3. Simularily my favorite inane fiver couplet continually pops up in my mind: "You know they say a fool and her dog are soon parted." "Who cares?" As Dave Barry would say, it's a terrible waste of brain cells. No offense, Zeke.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.