View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Standback"]Well, I really really really loved him as Weyoun. I was glad to hear they were bringing him back for ENT, but so far I've been disappointed - Shran really has no personality to speak of, Combs' talent is kinda wasted, one feels.[/quoteost_uid0]
Well, whoever this "one" is, he's not me. I personally have loved Shran. I've even had to stop and consider who I like more between him and Weyoun (I'm sticking with Weyoun for now, but a few more Shran eps might push him over Weyoun).

[quoteost_uid0]But he's just so well known for playing so many parts... I never look at the credits, and I'm not very good at recognizing faces, but when I was watching [iost_uid0]Tsunkatsi[/iost_uid0] (or whatever the name of the VOY ep was), I was waiting for it to end, just so I could check it was really him. [/quoteost_uid0]
Combs's most distinctive feature is his voice in my opinion. Visually I have very little problem thinking of Weyoun, Brunt, and Shran as different people. It's audibly that I notice the similarity most.

[quoteost_uid0]The closest thing we'll see to an all-Combs episode was probably that DS9 ep where he played both Brunt and Weyoun... don't remember which...[/quoteost_uid0]
"The Dogs of War", second to last episode. Andy even made mention of this duality in his fiver.

[quoteost_uid0]Out of curiousity... have we ever seen Weyoun in the mirror universe? If so, I missed it, but I'd love to see it if there is a reference...[/quoteost_uid0]
No. The wormhole was never discovered in the MU, so the democratic, peaceful Dominion was never seen. You'll have to stick with Mirror-Brunt.[/colorost_uid0]