View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:47 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

First: I think I would commit seppuku if the event wasn't done by April 1. Nobody worry about that happening. (And read this LJ post if you haven't yet.)

Second: Thanks for the defense, evay. Much appreciated.

Third: Nate, I get it. I really do. I'm more frustrated with myself than you could ever be with me. (At any given time, in fact. If there's one thing we Catholics can do, it's guilt.) But what you don't get, after all these years, is how much you hurt your own case by acting so entitled. That "plea for sanity" may be the most presumptuous post you've ever made.

No, I'm not going to promise you anything. Not only did I decide years ago to stop making site-related promises (since it just adds guilt if I mess up), but it's not your place to ask me to. And as for full-series fivers, I sure don't consider them some kind of easy way out -- they take just as much effort as regular ones, and I try to make them just as funny. Anyway, do you really think now that I've finally been posting stuff again, you should complain about what stuff I'm posting? Getting back in gear takes time.

I value you as a reader, Nate -- and I resent having to fight you so much, especially "in public". If you have to be hostile, I'd rather you at least kept it in PMs. But when you make a post like this, I have to respond (and you can't expect that response to be acquiescent).

Finally, your timing sucks for a couple of reasons, one personal. So don't keep pressing -- I won't get nicer than this.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction