View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 07:25 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]This is a pleasant surprise -- I was expecting this forum to be overtly hostile to the very idea of Borg on [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0], no matter how it's handled. That's the response I've seen elsewhere. (When the news first broke, a guy I barely know included me on a panicked mass-email screaming with horror about the concept... without regard to whether the recipients were, say, trying to stay unspoiled.)

Don't get me wrong. I'm very, very leery of ENT trying to use the Borg. We're not talking about Nausicaans or even Ferengi -- the line the writers are walking this time is razor-sharp. But a number of things give me confidence that this will work out well. One is the writing team for this episode: Sussman and Strong, whose past work this season includes "Dead Stop" and "Future Tense." (Not to mention that they made their break with a little [iost_uid0]Voyager[/iost_uid0] story called "Unimatrix Zero.") Another is this series' track record with continuity @$$-covering (see also "Acquisition"). Finally, [iost_uid0]First Contact[/iost_uid0] and "Dark Frontier" have already muddied the timeline enough to give ENT room to maneuver; we know that one result of the [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0]-E's trip to the past was that rumours about the Borg reached the Federation sooner than they otherwise would have. It's not unreasonable that events in ENT's time could have contributed to those rumours.

So I'm looking forward to it... with some fear, certainly, but not with fear and loathing. :smile:[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction