Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Star Wars Uncut

Quote:
In 2009, thousands of Internet users were asked to remake “Star Wars: A New Hope” into a fan film, 15 seconds at a time. Contributors were allowed to recreate scenes from Star Wars however they wanted. Within just a few months SWU grew into a wild success. The creativity that poured into the project was unimaginable.
It's amusing to see the different approaches taken. Stop-motion, Legos, drawings, 3D models, live-action with grown-ups or children (pets were promised but I didn't see any in the first few minutes), all performed with varying degrees of believability and accuracy. The 15-second format seems ridiculous, but it works out pretty well. If you don't like one approach, you can just wait a few seconds and it will be gone. If you do find a certain approach appealing, you can stop to imagine the rest of the movie in that style as best you can, without being spoiled by the tedium of two hours of imperfect execution. (I liked the scribbly effect of the scene where the escape pod blasts free, but it probably wouldn't work well for the whole movie.)

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs