View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 05:16 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu Ginga
Not only that, but Enteprise practically rewrote the whole history of Star Trek. No. Just... no. I can only begin to wonder if the ending is just going to turn out to be a reset button, that the show will be one whole reset button. I can't even begin to express how much that would 1.) scare me, and 2.) would make me roll off the couch laughing.

Running out of ideas is not a good thing. I think the entirety of Enterprise was an absence of ideas. And now because of it, Trek needs a break. It needs a fresh staff, it needs something new to pull it out of oblivion.
I have to agree on the re-writing of history...and that perhaps this is in the alternate universe or something?

Enterprise had some good stuff, but it wasn't as good as the other Treks at drawing in a wide audience. It was entertaining, kind of on the level of a good prime-time soap. But DS9 had been good drama, and Voyager, classic sci-fi. Enterprise was kind of a hybrid of these, with a dash of Next Gen for the great 'ships and episodes.

It would have been nice for Enterprise to continue, but again with the changing of Trek-verse history. Why?

Hopefully the Trek franchise will take some time developing something really solid, which does not mess with what the fans want, or with what was created before. Unless it was some Section 31 show...
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003