View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 01:04 PM
More something than this cat

Send a message via MSN to KillerGodMan Send a message via Skype™ to KillerGodMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu Ginga
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Now, what I really don't like is when people make absurd generalisations like that. Nothing is ever that simple - there is no one party to blame, especially not in something like this.

I'm not getting at you personally, Fuyu, it's just generalisations really bug me, that's all.
LOL, is it really a generalization? Too many reality shows are taking the top spots in the ratings, thereby leading me to believe that (not) everyone (but too many people) would rather watch these... these things. :P I am sorry generalizations bug you, I shall generalize less.

Opium - Reality TV isn't even a guilty pleasure, at least not around here. Around here reality TV is "cool". *pukes*
Where I live, reality TV is dirt, nobody watches them, few actually watch TV in itself, but nonbody watches reality TV.

Dramas have good characters, good management, well writen stories. This is how CSI got to the top, well written stories, rare-but extremly good stories arcs, leaving something one season, than bringing it back later (like the Blue-Paint killer), well developed characters, with room to continue developing, all played by good actors, and, of course, for those who read the TWoP recaps, The S.S. Geek Love

And, if you don't like CSI and it's two spin-offs, there's House, Lost, Medium, Desperate Housewives, L&O... darnit, that's all the Drama's I can think of....

There's also the Discovery Channel, Space, and other channels with no Reality TV

Reality is far from taking over the TV industry, eventually, they're going to run out of ideas

Well I guess I'll just live WITHOUT an avatar then!