Thread: Block 18
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Come on, Sax - how can we [iost_uid0]possibly[/iost_uid0] skip over the dramatic scene of Cypher dropping his cellphone in the trash? I suggest:

[bost_uid0]Cypher's Cellphone:[/bost_uid0] Plop.
[bost_uid0]FBC Writers and Assorted Lunatics:[/bost_uid0] Also, nothing! Ha! Get it? Nothing!

And on a more serious note - kind of oxymoronical, given the context - the reason I stuck the Spoon Kid into the first block ("Boy: She told me there is no spoon.") was in order to create the sense of a whole bunch of answers - the Rule of Three (to those not familiar with writing and plot terms - once is meaningless, two is coincidence, three is a rule.)

My point here is that without either the Boy or someone else answering, Trinity sounds as if she's butting into Neo and Morpheus's conversation rather than answering Neo's question. So I'd either leave in the Boy line or find a line for Cypher (or somebody else:

[bost_uid0]Switch:[/bost_uid0] She told me I wouldn't get any lines. Bitch.
)

The other variations - noodles, and taking out the survey line - are fine by me (though the spoon line works better as transition if the spoon boy keeps his line in the first block - otherwise it may seem as if we're doing the scene twice).[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis