View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 11:03 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It's not that I don't understand. With the disgraceful way I've let myself fall behind on [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] fivers -- to say nothing of [iost_uid0]Andromeda[/iost_uid0] and VVS9, which I've already blown -- it's no surprise at all that some readers want to try it themselves. So while I can't claim I'm not a little annoyed (as I always am when guest writers miss the FAQ), I have no business making much of an objection.

That said, I do have very good reasons for not wanting [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] guest fivers, here or anywhere else. The most important is the same reason TV producers don't allow "story ideas" to be posted in a show's official forum; the current thread is a perfect example of that reason. See, Five-Minute "Stigma" is more than half written already (Kira can vouch for that), but what would have happened if Michiel had come up with one of the same jokes and posted it here? Suddenly I have to take mine out or be guilty of unoriginality -- even though I thought of it first.

Sorry your first post here turned out to be a problem. For the record, that's the exception, not the rule. I hope you'll enjoy your stay. And I do appreciate the enthusiasm; it just had unfortunate results this time.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction