Thread: October 1
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 11:28 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default October 1

Welcome, one and all, to an event two years in the making! In September 2003, longtime guest writer Jade asked me if she could try doing some Firefly fivers. I gave her permission, and not only did she do some, but she got so into it I decided she should go for the whole subsite. Since then, she's been working steadily, and a while ago she finished all of her episodes. ("Her" episodes are everything but the two series pilots, which are my territory, and the work of a certain other guest writer who got in just in time.) We decided to synchronize with the opening of Serenity, and here we are. Behold our newest subsite: Five-Minute Firefly by Jade.

Over the next few days, we'll be publishing fivers for every single episode of the series, including the ones that never aired. And aside from a few cameo appearances, it's all Jade. To start things off, here are the first two Firefly fivers (Firevers?) she wrote: "Safe" and "Ariel." Enjoy!

(Note: the graphics, like all others on recent subsites, are temporary.)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction