View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

Ah, yes, the history of TopHatMan:

It all started a while ago, around 9 months ago, as I was posting on the 5MV forums when I needed some sort of thing to post in the One-By-One thread.

As I looked over on the table my computer was sitting on, I saw a photo of a guy from a play I stage managed. The guy was in a top hat. TopHatMan was born.

Then, I posted "Confused man in a top hat wandering around the dazed and confused in a mall" as this was a amusing thought when I had not had much sleep. A legend was born! :wink:

Soon, I remembered that Johnny Depp had worn a top hat in Benny and Joon; more of TopHatMan's personality and life was beginning to take shape, as also many others were posting about TopHatMan and bringing substance to his being. A few months later I re-read 1984, and in it, the"history" books that were (re)written by Big Brother that described the "capitalists" in their top hats... the re-writing of history, the media being bigger than the person, the evil of it all, a culture just going along with it because that's what's it like... this gave meaning to TopHatMan's life.

The preceding message was approved by TopHatMan and TopHatMan campaign.
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003