Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 07:37 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Happy Towel Day 2018! And this time it's special because forty years ago the original radio show was released (well, back in March and April it was, but Towel Day was never meant to tie into an official h2g2 date beyond being soon after DNA's death).

An article from the Hindustani Times describes the holiday.

The official Towel Day site describes various events being held to celebrate the event around the world.

Listen to the original radio show on YouTube.

A library in Georgia will be showing the movie tonight. A shame, as it's hardly the best way to introduce people to the mythos. Abridging the TV series would've been better.

A bunch of fans in Copenhagen will be having a BBQ to celebrate. (I hope the weather there isn't as hot as it is where I am.)

Lemonly.com gives us an infographic of 42 trivia.

Cake Wrecks presents some h2g2 cakes.

Donate towels and other supplies to an animal shelter in Maine and get a coupon to celebrate the day.

A pub in London is having a Vogon Poetry Slam.

Nick Page is still working on animating Episode Two, but here's the Guide entry on robots and the Marketing Division of the Syrius Cybernetics Corporation.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.