View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 10:09 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Kryptonite zombies are lame. I think that that's the key reason why I can't get hooked onto Smallville. I think it's fine, but obsession and addiction are out of the question, since one of the key factors is Clart Kent. He's just too strong. Let's run down the major weaknesses, shall we?

1. Kryptonite. So glad that they retconned out all of the plethora of variants other than red and green, but seriously, it's getting too cliche.
2. Magic. Perfectly reasonable, I'm a big Mxy fan, but seeing Captain Marvel Shazam-lightning Supes over and over gets dull fast.
3. He does have to breathe. Too bad they also say that he can compress air in his lungs to allow for limited space travel and ice breath.
4. Take away the yellow sunlight, he becomes Joe Schmoe.

Not too many options, are there? The budget won't really allow for too much space travel and sunlight differences aren't very dramatic, so we're basically stuck with the big K. I'm still a Supes fan, but the skeptic in me just won't let me get as hooked on him as I would Spidey or Batman.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.