Thread: Batman Begins
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability
Good thing bad science doesn't bother you, because all sci-fi has it in one form or another.
I know. And I have no problem with FTL travel, transporters, etc. But to some extent, my easy belief is because it's so incredible and so futuristic and assumes we've learned about some science that currently escapes us.

Microwaves near humans does not fall into that category. Like I said, I tried ignoring it as best I could, but the fact that I had to actively ignore it meant that I was aware of it on some level.

Quote:
And this is just a pondering: does the term "microwave radiation" refer to a range of frequencies beyond what is commonly used by microwave ovens? Perhaps the term was being used to refer to any waveform that has a smaller wavelength than visible light.
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/sc...mspectrum.html

The above link shows a simple description of the EM spectrum, and as you'll notice, microwaves actually have a longer wavelength than visible light.