View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 04:17 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default The Fivers-on-Commission Thread

Okay, I've been thinking about this for far too long without taking any action. Last year I started working on ways to get some income from 5M.net, without just asking for donations (a point I never intend to get to). I considered ideas like merchandise and selling original drafts of fivers. Those may still have a role to play, but I've since had a much better idea, and I'd like your input on it.

Suppose that for a certain price, you could tell me what fiver to write next. It could be anything within my domain that you wanted to see -- a particular episode of ENT, VS9, Andromeda, Farscape, whatever. Suppose further that there would be a reasonable but firm deadline (five days, say), and if I missed it you'd get your money back and I'd still have to do the fiver.

What would you consider a fair price? Right now I'm leaning towards $20 Canadian ($17.33 US). Anything less than $15 wouldn't be fair on my end -- fivers aren't something you can just grind out -- but I'm not sure how it looks from the other side.

(Note 1: To give a little more detail, "my domain" is basically anything I'm already familiar with or have ready access to. That includes but is not limited to all the Trek series, VS9, Andromeda, Farscape, B5, Buffy, Angel, The OC, Smallville, and any Mega Man game. If it's something that would be a bit more trouble, such as a movie, it would cost extra but I'd still take the job.)

(Note 2: The signed fiver printouts are finally going out today. Sorry for the wait.)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction