View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 01:44 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Minor continuity errors? Putting aside the shape of the ship, which I'm not going into whether it's minor or not...

Starfleet did NOT exist before the Federation. Total hogwash. Total hooey. What in the world were they thinking? Why must it be Starfleet? In the earliest episodes of TOS the creators hadn't figured out Starfleet/Federation yet, so they called the Enterprise a United Earth Space Probe Agency vessel. This could be a holdover of the organization that did the NX-01.

So let me get this straight. The creators were leery of using Star Trek: whatever in their show name, so they named it Enterprise as an acceptable single-word alternative. Guess what? Apparently no one recognized it as Star Trek. And why would they? It's a parallel universe from the one we know and love. Ratings were going down the tubes because the Trekkies didn't know they were supposed to be watching it with a cult-like obsession. Solution? Star Trek: Enterprise! What a solution! Now everyone knows it's Star Trek! Heaven forbid it be called Star Trek: Daedalus!

I admit that seeing Borg and Ferengi running around, even unnamed, seems a little suspect. Who are we kidding? It's a ploy! They couldn't be bothered to use Tellerites, Andorians (more), Thollians, etc. Or maybe, just MAYBE, yank a set of makeup from one of the movies that belong to an alien race we've only seen once. What about the race of the Federation President in ST:IV? Where'd they come from? Or Morn! Who says how old the guy is? Or El-Aurians! There must be a few on Earth still (in hiding of course). Guinan could show up! The possibilities are endless if you give it a little thought!

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.