View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 02:31 AM
MPAA approved

Default Re: Things required to get Enterprise into continuity

Alright, let's do this.

*cracks knuckles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability

Number One: The shape of the ship itself. The display in ST:TMP had a picture of every Enterprise:

Sailing ship
Aircraft carrier
Space shuttle
This interesting tube-shaped affair
NCC-1701
Nope. All Decker said was that these ships were named Enterprise. No where did he say that these were all the Enterprises. He did say, however, that all of these ships were named Enterprise, which doesn't exclude the NX01.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability

Starfleet did NOT exist before the Federation. Total hogwash. Total hooey. What in the world were they thinking? Why must it be Starfleet? In the earliest episodes of TOS the creators hadn't figured out Starfleet/Federation yet, so they called the Enterprise a United Earth Space Probe Agency vessel. This could be a holdover of the organization that did the NX-01.
Watch "Demons", near the end of the fourth season. In the opening shot it is seen that Starfleet is part (or other way around) of UESPA. They existed at the same time.

Prove that Starfleet didn't exist at this time.

Quote:
The creators were leery of using Star Trek: whatever in their show name, so they named it Enterprise as an acceptable single-word alternative.
That was UPN's idea I believe.

Quote:
Guess what? Apparently no one recognized it as Star Trek.
What, "based on Gene Roddenberry's "Star Trek"" Didn't make them recognize either? Wow, they must be really dumb.

Quote:
I admit that seeing Borg and Ferengi running around, even unnamed, seems a little suspect. Who are we kidding? It's a ploy!
Of course it's a ploy. A TV show needs ratings to survive.

With that said, yes, it was suspect. Even if I thought the Borg episode was the best one in the second season.

Quote:
They couldn't be bothered to use Tellerites, Andorians (more), Thollians, etc.
You should really watch the show before you start ranting about them.

Andorians appeared in:

The Andorian Incident
Shadows of P'Jem
Cease Fire
Proving Grounds
Zero Hour
Kir'Shara
Babel One
United
The Aenar
These Are The Voyages...

Tellerites:

Bounty
Babel One
United

Tholians:

Future Tense
In a Mirror, Darkly

Besides those, there were also a few background extras spread here and there. That's more than all the other series combind if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Or maybe, just MAYBE, yank a set of makeup from one of the movies that belong to an alien race we've only seen once. What about the race of the Federation President in ST:IV? Where'd they come from? Or Morn! Who says how old the guy is? Or El-Aurians! There must be a few on Earth still (in hiding of course). Guinan could show up! The possibilities are endless if you give it a little thought!
We'll have to agree to disagree here. I for one would like to see some story about the characters itself, instead of just connecting to future times constantly.

Your turn.