View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability
Is there ANY redeeming value to "Shades of Grey?" At all? Really, I'm asking. If Paramount sent out a poll where the viewers could say "I never want this thing sold on VHS or DVD and I never want to see it in syndication again," I'd sign it in a heartbeat.
I wouldn't. I actually like "Shades of Grey". I think it's a good character episode for Riker. We see how he handles a life-threatening injury is very englightening. He jokes with the crew, tries to be strong with Deanna, etc. He faces death boldly and I think that's a good thing to know. I also liked the bit where O'Brien kidded Pulaski about using the transporter too.

Really, Shades of Grey is a good episode all the way up until the clips start (which isn't until 20-25 minutes into the episode). Then of course it's not as exciting, but I certainly wouldn't want to lose the first half just because the second half is recycled. So I would definitely tell Paramount to keep the episode.