View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 10:58 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability
Okay, I'll talk about the Phantom Tollbooth. A true classic, in every sense of the word. You can enjoy it on any level you want to. You can be lazy and just enjoy the adventure or you can appreciate the cerebral humor. If you're a fan of puns you'll be deluged. If you like dry wit, it's there.

So, any other boothies out there?
Oh my, yes. A really excellent book - one you perhaps get more out of when you're younger, but it ages really very well unlike very many "childrens" books.

It's funny this topic should come up - I'm at this moment nearly finished reading The Years of Rice and Salt by Kim Stanley Robinson, possibly my second favourite novel of all time, and the one I got out of the library to read after is... Dune, which without a shadow of a doubt is my favourite. If you haven't read either, then what are you bally well waiting for?
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants