View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Quote:
"This is your father's Star Trek. Trying to fit new stories between or after the movies would have been complicated, and we didn't want to confuse the audience. That's J. J. Abrams' job now and he's doing it perfectly well."
*snerk*

Quote:
We at KyoAni are all fans of 'Cause and Effect', the episode in which the Enterprise gets caught in a temporal loop. It's a classic that inspired us in our work on Haruhi.
Don't know the series in question, but I'm guessing this is a dig at it.

(*comes back after a page or so* Actually, I'm guessing the whole article is a dig at anime, or even much of episodic TV, in general?)

Quote:
"That's the plan behind our new series. Each episode will chronicle one pass through the time loop, beginning with the poker game and ending with the starship crash. Each loop will be subtly different from the last. Very subtly. Actually, we're thinking of running a contest where viewers who spot the tiny difference in each new episode win a prize."

(As KJ points out, this would "certainly save on animation".)

Quote:
The episodes will then air in Japan after being run through Babelfish three times and re-dubbed by people who only speak Ukranian, following the standard practice of the dubbing industry.
We both LOLed at that.

^ (in reaction to MaverickZer0) Hmm, well, the obvious number (as suggested by KJ) yields something, but presumably not the intended product. . . . OK, got it now. Heheh.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs

Last edited by NAHTMMM; 01-05-2010 at 04:38 PM.