Thread: The New TJI
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2003, 05:37 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]
    [*]Version 1: I like it. It's legible, and the background looks like crinkled paper (except when it's busy looking like paper that's been out in the rain).
    [*]Version 2: I still like the old one as well. Neat and simple (though it didn't have the varied amusing disclaimers), and it goes with the rest of the site.
    [*]Version 3: This one is interesting. It's got a...classy? metallic?...look to it. I like it too. The background shade of gray works well with the layout.
    [*]Version 4: I had to lean forward and focus before I could really make out the difference between the background and a pure-white background. If I hadn't been expecting a different background, I'm not entirely sure how long it would have taken me to notice it wasn't pure white. (I do think that the new TJI icon would [bost_uid0]not[/bost_uid0] look good against a background of pure white.) It's an idea worthy of an attempt, but it doesn't do much for me. If you do use this one, a little more blueness would likely be in order. Nice shade of blue.
    [*]Version 5: Looks like the average of 1 and 3. Perfectly legible. I think I would prefer 1 or 3 to this, however.[/list]

Right now I'm leaning toward either 1, 3, or possibly 2, though neither of the other backgrounds are awful. The unwrinkled TJI logo at the top kinda spoils the crinkly effect in #1, but only if you think about it. On the other hand, the words "[iost_uid0]THIS JUST IN[/iost_uid0]" in the logo don't work as well in #3. And going back to the old look would tend to defeat the purpose of revamping the layout .

I'm voting for [bost_uid0]#1[/bost_uid0]. You could keep #3 (or even #4) as the background for whichever issue happens to be the latest.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs