View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
Suppose you had to create a new webalias for everything you did online. No variation of anything you'd gone by before would be allowed, nor would any variation of your real name. This means no adding on numbers, modifications such as CamelCase and underscores, etc. What would it be?
A reference that would strike me as likely to be hilariously obscure. Like Za--no, wait, I did that once. Dagnabbit. Ummm.

*tries to visualize the space of usernames, with his prior aliases stretching out like axes, and then move in a different direction*

. . . Well, I do think I would do my best to find something neutral yet distinctive again. "NAHTMMM" has worked amazingly well in that regard (accidentally, as it were) and I appreciate the freedom of not being tied down to something like "Pizza" or "DS9Rocks" or "Irritating_Posting_Style".

No me-referential acronyms allowed? Bah. I dunno, I'm stuck. All that comes to mind is "Rodov", but that would carry too much baggage for me. No, no, wait, I've been inspired. Let's see . . . "Frogs in the Tide" is the only one that really works. A bit long, but it would have to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
It's Food Day again in the PNQ thread!
2. I can sort of understand the evolution of black licorice, but why make something the exact same shape, only strawberry-flavored? Not that I'm complaining, I love red vines and gag on the black ones, I'm just saying that while the evolution of black licorice is understandable, the evolution of red ones is less so.
Easy: everybody loves strawberry! If we can have cherry colas and fifty varieties of candy cane, why not strawberry licorice?

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs