View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004, 03:03 AM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, Monday came at last and I finally got to catch "Not Fade Away."

My reaction? The episode was perfectly appropriate to the series (fighting the good fight against all odds) but that doesn't necessarily make it satisfying. But this is coming from someone who adores Jane Austen-ish happy endings with all the loose ends tied up in nice attractive bows, and that's just not what Joss Whedon is about it seems.

I would've liked to see the Shanshu prophecy resolved, W&H and the senior partners bite the dust, some resolution as to what TPTB really are/were up to during the first few seasons (were they evil? How did Cordy end up possessed? Where have they been this season?) and of course, Angel and Buffy happily ever after a la "I will remember you" before the reset button, which played in Space's Angel marathon leading up to the finale.

But heck, if I could have everything I wanted, Angel wouldn't have been cancelled at all, and every show I watched would have followed the example of [iost_uid0]The West Wing[/iost_uid0], capping off a great season with a spectacular finale. Hopefully [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] ends up in that category on Wednesday.[/colorost_uid0]