View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 02:29 PM
You just activated his Trek card

For complicated reasons the following questions occurred to me...

PNQ1: If the creators had wanted the Bajoran and Starfleet crews on DS9 to be more balanced, which main character could've been made Bajoran?
PNQ2: If the creators had wanted the Maquis and Starfleet crews on VOY to be more balanced, which main charater could've been made Maquis?

Okay, DS9 first. Looking over the main cast, I'm led to believe that Bashir could've been made a Bajoran with minimal tweaks. Let's say that his grandparents fled Bajoran space when the Cardassians invaded at the start of the Occupation. His family has enjoyed the prosperity of the Federation for decades, but Kira thinks his family are traitors for not staying behind and fighting in the Occupation. Keep the genetic modifications, Kukalaka, and so forth. His relationship with Garak would also have new dimensions.

Now VOY. This one's more of a toughie. I get it that between them Tuvok and Paris sort of had the "third Maquis" quota met, and Seska had that role early on, but still...

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.