View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 03:28 PM
You just activated his Trek card

PNQ: If you could see any five movies from the past on a theater screen again, what five?

This question is inspired by a fan commentary of Singin' in the Rain, where they recommend watching the movie on a big screen if possible.

The thing is, I have seen movies on a big screen that get a lot of their value from the "wow factor" I'm talking about. The Hitchhiker's Guide and Speed Racer movies come to mind immediately. I believe I also saw The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on a big screen as well.

However, in the name of more interesting answers I'll lay down a few ground rules...
1. No Star Wars.
2. Pre-2000 only.
3. Live action only.

Would I want to see Singin' in the Rain on the big screen? Of course, but does it reach the top five? I'm not sure. I think the Sound of Music could make better use of the wow factor. Going a bit more obscure, I could only imagine how good Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines would look. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, just think of it!

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.